Monday 1 August 2011

Sharing our musings with the wide world....

.. and fairly random musings they are too, I fear, so please be gentle with them!

It's very autumnal here today - yesterday in the park the first leaves were starting to fall from the trees, and a fine sea-mist was coming in as we closed the curtains last night. I don't think it will be very long before we are switching the radiators downstairs back on. It's a sobering thought to reflect on... the year has turned, and before we know it the nights will be drawing in again, the cats asleep upturned in various snug places about the house, the winter quilts brought out of storage....

The sweet peas and roses at the front of the house are coming to the end of their season. After which, though, it will be chrysanthemum season and the look and scent of chrysanthemums is one of the joys of autumn!

I am glad I spent time yesterday doing my mending. It means I can wear my chocolate brown floral swing dress again - it's seen some wear, this dress, from Holly's wedding when it was my new best dress, slowly sliding down the social scale until now it's a slightly fade everyday work-dress but still looks elegant and cool. The same, sadly, cannot be said for Mr Methwell's 10th-century trousers, which although repaired, are highly unlikely to stay same....oh, that man is hard on his trousers! :-)

My little boy is happy. My cats are happy. My husband is happy. I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment